Are breast implants right for me?
Looking your best is important to every woman. Feeling comfortable with the appearance of your breasts can have a truly remarkable impact on your self-confidence and can also have many positive impacts on various aspects of your life. There are many reasons to consider breast augmentation:
- Restore volume lost after nursing, pregnancy and weight-loss
- Achieve asymmetry between right and left breast volumes
- A desire to improve the contour of the breasts
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Improve the shape of breasts that are sagging or have lost firmness
- A desire to increase or decrease cup size
- Improve breast appearance or create the appearance of a breast that is missing or disfigured due to trauma, heredity, or congenital abnormalities
The specifics of your breast augmentation will be outlined during your consultation with Dr. Lo. There are several options available to you regarding implant type, placement, incision location, etc.
Breast Augmentation Procedure
Your breast augmentation procedure will be performed by Dr. Lo and his team of highly qualified professionals under general anesthesia. Depending on what was discussed during your consultation, an incision will be made either around the areola, beneath the breast and along the crease, or even in the pit of your arm. Once your incision is made, Dr. Lo will place your implant within a small pocket created either above or below the pectoral muscle to prevent the implants from moving or shifting. The type of implant used for your augmentation is dependent upon your breast size and shape.
Recovery and Results
Everyone's body handles surgery differently, therefore recovery and results may vary from person to person. The initial recovery from your breast augmentation can range from a few weeks to a few months. However, most patients find they can resume a low-impact routine within the first week. You should clear your schedule ahead of time and plan on getting lots of rest. Avoid any heavy lifting or movements to speed up the healing process. Dr. Lo and his team will be by your side every step of the way to make sure you get optimal results to your satisfaction.
To learn more about Breast Augmentation, please call us today to schedule a consultation.